- Types of Information Collected
- Traffic Data Collected. We automatically track and collect non-personal identification information when you visit our Site, including your (i) IP address (a set of numbers that is assigned to your computer when you are on the Internet); (ii) domain server (a computer that stores web site files and provides them to people who request them); (iii) type of computer; and (iv) type of web browser (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on the Site. We collect Traffic Data through the use of “Cookie” technology and “Web Beacons.” “Cookies” are data files sent to and stored on the computer you use to view a web site. “Cookies” can be used to monitor use of our Site, to customize content specific to your interests, to ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly and to store your user name and password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site. “Web Beacons” are small graphic image files on a web page which can be utilized by a web site to determine information about a user. “Web Beacons” are not used to track information outside of our Site and are not used to track personal information. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to, among other things, statistically monitor the number of users of our Site, and the web sites of our selected partners.
- Personal Information Collected. In order for you to access certain premium services and/or to purchase services that we offer via the Site, we may ask you to provide us with information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include data such as: (i) your name, mailing and/or e-mail addresses (“Contact Data”); (ii) your account or credit card number (“Financial Data”); or (iii) your zip code, age and/or income (“Demographic Data”). If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information. We will only collect Personal Information which you voluntarily provide. Your Personal Information will not be intentionally disclosed to any unaffiliated third party without your permission.
- Uses of Information Collected
We use Contact Data to send you information about our company or our services, or promotional material from some of our partners, or to contact you when necessary. We use your Financial Data to verify your qualifications for certain products or services and to bill you for products and services. We use your Demographic Data to customize and tailor your experience on the Site, displaying content that we think you might be interested in according to your preferences.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Therefore, we prohibit registration by children under the age of 13 for all interactive portions of the Site including forums, chats and message boards. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. We strongly urge all parents to participate in their children’s exploration of the Internet and any online services, and to teach their children about protecting their personal information while online.
Furthermore, we may, at our discretion, require users under 18 to obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to view certain content, and we may limit access to certain content to users above a specified age. You agree to abide by any such restrictions, and not to help anyone avoid these restrictions.
- Sharing of Personal Information
We may share Personal Information you provide in combination with Personal Information from other users with advertisers and other third parties only on an aggregate basis (“Aggregate Data”). Aggregate Data does not contain any information which can be used to contact or identify you. We may share Contact Data with other companies who may want to send you information about their products or services. If you do not want us to share your Contact Data with any third parties, please email us at email@example.com or select the “opt out” box on our online forms and/or email communications. Please note, however, if you choose to “opt out” you may not be eligible for certain benefits for which Contact Data is needed.
- User Choice Regarding Collection, Use and Distribution of Personal Information
You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access and use much of the Site; however you will not be able to access and use those portions of the Site that require your Personal Information. If you do not wish to receive information and promotional material from us or from some of our partners, you may select the appropriate “opt-out” option each time we ask you for Personal Information.
- Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
- User Ability to Access, Update and Correct Personal Information
If you would like to review any Personal Information we have retained about you in our database, please send us an e-mail request for this information at firstname.lastname@example.org. To help us address your request, please specify which information you wish to review. Once you have reviewed this information, at your request we will correct Personal Information about you that you state is incorrect. To request such a correction, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please be aware, however, that it is not always technologically possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
- Other Limits to Your Privacy